Well here I am world. I’m not really sure what I’m doing here, but I’m here and I hope to stick around for a while.
Let’s start with some background info:
- I wish to remain anonymous (unless I become super famous overnight) because I want people to focus on fitness and the blog and not who I am.
- I like to tell myself I’m funny. This blog will probably be filled with corny jokes that I think are funny, so buckle up.
- Gymnastics is the sport responsible for leading me through the life I live. The day that I can no longer flip or do a handstand will be the end of the world.
- I love fitness, but more importantly I.LOVE.FOOD. I will pretty much eat anything you put in front of me.
ESPECIALLY pizza ❤ Oh I also like craft beer
These are some of the big reasons I go to the gym.
- Exercise Science is my passion. I love to learn about the body and how it works and what you need to do to give it the proper nutrients…blah blah blah. I don’t want to bore you with technical terms and lecture you on fitness. That isn’t what I’m going for with this blog.
- Lastly, I can write, but that’s not exactly what I’m going for. I want to be conversational and make you feel comfortable reading my thoughts.
The purpose of this blog is to spread awareness about the importance of fitness, nutrition, and living life to the fullest, while loving yourself.
There are also a few personal reasons as to why I am writing this blog. First, I want to learn about myself and see if I can stick with something like this long-term. Next, I want to learn more about these topics because you should never stop learning. I also want to use this as motivation to go to the gym, eat healthy, and inspire you.
Anyone can be active. Anyone. The only thing that is stopping you from getting out there and being active is the mean gremlin in your head. He sucks don’t listen to him.
I want to be your motivator.
I want to help you believe in yourself.
I care about the world and I want to help make sure that people in it are being active, but in a smart and safe manner.
Personally, I think people go from zero to 100 when it comes to nutrition and fitness. It’s the same thing every year – “Spring Break Bod”, “Summer Beach Bod”, “New Year’s Resolution”, and the list goes on. It can be dangerous and it usually doesn’t end with people adhering to a fit lifestyle.
If you take anything from this blog let this be the most important thing:
Don’t try to attain a certain body shape. Pretty Please. Everyone is different and everyone is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L. Love yourself and love your body because you are a gift.
Don’t let media tell you that you have to look a certain way because you don’t. What’s most important is that you do something that gets your heart pumping. Move your body. Everyone has to start somewhere. Go for a walk. Take the stairs. Park far from the office. These are all easy ways to start you on your path to fitness. Don’t think you need to jump into exercise full swing and squat your little heart out. Take it easy and take it one day at a time or you will be one sore human. Trust me, Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS) is a real thing and no one likes being sore for days on end.
Yes, working out can make you sore and it’s not always fun. What is fun is being able to go to the gym and come home to eat whatever you want. Don’t get me wrong I love healthy food and I maintain a balanced diet, but everyone has those days. I have those days way more often than I would like to admit. But who cares! Anything is ok in moderation. So if one of my workouts during the week leads me to pizza, you best believe I will go to the gym and come home to my man saying, “Where’s the pizza?”
So stop reading this and go get out there and create a healthy life!
Peace, Love, and Pizza
Follow on Insta @Faceless__Fitness